About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

Thanksgiving Meal: An Answer to Prayer

When I first heard from my father-in-law about the Thanksgiving dinners that we were giving away as part of our outreach there was one family in particular that came to mind. I knew that God had presented me with this opportunity to reach out this family in their time of need. They just had their forth child, a little girl, and were struggling to provide for the other three growing pre-teen boys. They receive some state assistance but that isn't always enough. In fact, the state just informed them that their current residence, a two bedroom duplex, isn't sufficient for them; their newborn can't share the parents bedroom once she turns one. As I created a bond with the mother I realized that there was more than prayer that I could do for them. I offered the dinner to them and immediately the mother began to cry. She said that she had been praying that God would provide some food for them and that this was such a blessing. Thank you Metro for making a difference for this family.

Natalia Catlett

No comments: