About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

A Catlett Christmas Mystery

It was probably our hardest year financially we had ever had. I was 35 and 2 years walking with Jesus. Dana was 10 and Jason 5 and it was time to tell them there would be nothing under the tree this year. They really didn’t seem to think it a big deal but Nancy and I were hurting inside at the thought of an empty Christmas. We had taken what money we had and bought the necessary $5.00 gifts for the family gathering.

This year as we gathered over at Mom and Dad’s I took Dana and my 10 year old nephew in the back bedroom and taught them how to present the Christmas story to the family. They were so excited to tell it and did such a wonderful job you’d have thought they had been doing it for years. My Christmas first Christmas present came as they were telling the story and I watched the expressions on the faces of my Dad, Mom, sister, brother, in-laws, nieces and nephews. They all listened intently and erupted with applause when they concluded. I was so proud of them and finally at peace with Christmas.

It was just before midnight when we finally returned home. I unlocked the front door and Nancy and the kids rushed in to get out of the cold. Nancy, as was her habit, turned on the Christmas tree lights first thing. And there we were all staring at all the gifts under the tree. “Mom, Dad you were just kidding us that there would be no presents this year” Dana exclaimed with great enthusiasm. “Can we open them now Dad”, Jason wanted to know. “Lets make sure there for you guys before we open anything”, I said. Sure enough their names were on the gifts, all 10 of them, 5 each. Then they started shouting as they had even found a present for Mom and one for Dad. Nancy and I just stood there dumbfounded each holding our present. We each had two pair of socks. Neatly tucked away in each pair was a hundred dollar bill. Four hundred dollars, four pair of socks, ten gifts for our children, and very nice gifts at that to complete a Christmas I shall never forget.

So how did they get there you ask. Well, Nancy and I had the only two keys to our house and they were both with us. Both doors and all the windows were securely locked. We were with our entire family the whole evening. How did they get there……... you tell me. Merry Christmas

-Randy Catlett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved it! God is bigger than our locks!

Blessings to you Catletts.

Matt Bachtold