About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

An Edwards Christmas Memory

My dad had a Christmas family tradition that drove me, my sisters and brother crazy. He would make us wait to come down on Christmas morning.. we could only come downstairs when we heard the music playing.. sometimes it would be Rudolph.. sometimes it would be a Christmas Carol.. sometimes I think that it would be Hawaiian music.. my dad loved Hawaiian music.. we just couldn't come down until it played. I remember waiting at the top of the stairs thinking that he would never play the music.

Fast forward about 20 or so years later and yes.. you guessed it.. I continued that tradition with my children.. of course the music was better.. but my kids still moaned and groaned as they waited. Some of my sweetest memories are espying them as they excitedly sat waiting at the top of the stairs for the music to start.

-Bob Edwards

No comments: