About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

Phyllis' Christmas Story

I have a beautiful nativity scene that I inherited from my mother-in-law. She won it in a 25 cent raffle. The ceramic figurines are all antique white and I have a blue light shining through the back of the stable.

In December 2001 as I was setting it up, I was praying that I would focus on the real meaning of Christmas rather than all the 'to do' things that I so easily get caught up in. As I was standing there looking at Jesus in the manger, words started coming, so I wrote them down:


He's the reason for the season. Jesus is the reason for the season.

The Magi came from the east following the star. The shepherds came from the fields tending their flocks by night. They came to behold the King born to all the world that night in Bethlemen.
He was a babe in a manger, but He was a King, mighty in power and awesome in wonderful deeds to men. He lives forever, this King of ours. Earthly nobility can't touch Him. For He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords. And His Kingdom will have no end. It endures forever and ever.

Holy is this King and mighty is His glory. It shines forth from the Heavens to all who would but see it. It will one day fill the earth as the waters cover the sea.

Oh, that all men could see and understand He's coming back again to claim His chosen ones that they may be with Him always and forever established with Him in His glorious Kingdom.

How bright and beautiful that night when He was born to a virgin to be worshiped and adored by all who would come to see Him bringing their gifts of love.

Thank you, Father, for your wonderful gift to the world in our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

-Phyllis Pesch

No comments: