- Where were you born?
Wichita.. moved to KC before I was one.
- Your born again experience?
Church of Perpetual Adoration -1977
- What is your middle name? Steven
- Favorite season? Fall.. October days in Kansas.. best on earth!
- Favorite chip flavor: Chocolate Chip J
- Favorite breakfast food? Homemade Omelets!
- Favorite book of the Bible? Psalms in the NIV translation
- Dream Vacation ? Highlands of Boquette, Panama for 3 months
- Favorite Clothing? Always looking for an occasion to tuxedo
- Coke or Pepsi? The Real Thing.. when Starbucks is unavailable
- Your childhood dream job? Doctor.. later a pro soccer player
Date: Sunday, June 29, 2008
- Where were you born? Oklahoma City, OK
- Where were you born again? In my Mom’s BR at 4 years
- What is your middle name? Elizabeth
- Favorite season? Fall but it doesn’t last long enough.
- Favorite snack food: Snyder's Sourdough Pretzels
- Favorite hobby? Sitting down to read a really good novel
- Favorite book of the Bible? I really love the story of Ruth
- Which bible translation do you use? NLT & The Message
- Favorite Sandwich? Roast Beef on an Everything Bagel
- Coke or Pepsi? Ummm, hello, Dr. Pepper, of course
- Your teenage dream job? "The Next Celine Dion"
Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008
My dad passed away 6 years ago. A few years ago for Father's Day I remembered him by posting the eulogy I gave at his funeral. This year I remember my dad by posting this poem (here and in the bulletin) that I wrote about him in the early 90s:
I sent this poem to my dad inside a Fathers Day card. We didn't talk about my poem while he was alive (wish we had) as he lived in another state. After he passed away I found the poem amongst his things. It made my heart glad.
I once imagined, that when I was old, a man of position I'd be.
An admired man. One of good works, that many would see.
Now, at the mid-point of my years, my eyes turn back to Dad.
I find myself wanting to be like him in ways that surprise me.
You see, when I was young, I didn't see the strength of his love.
I didn't understand the nobility of the sacrifices he made for me.
The part time jobs, the hard work, the man asleep on the couch.
Images, that now give warm feelings, I then didn't understand.
For I didn't know what made a man a man, and a dad a dad.
But I know now and I want to be like my father, Lawrence J.
A man full of kindness, of gentle strength, of quiet inner love.
I thank God for my Dad, his love for me and my love for him.
Date: Sunday, June 15, 2008
- What is your middle name? Alan
- Favorite season? the fall...hunting season
- Which bible translation do you use? NASB
- Your childhood dream job? Oceanographer
- Favorite Breakfast Food? Chocolate gravy and biscuits
- Favorite sport? Bow hunting big game.. sometimes small.
- Favorite book of the Bible? Acts...it's still being written!
- Person you’d most like to have a meal with: My Mom
- Vacation Spot? South Africa or Grandview.. not sure why
- Where were you born? MO but I am an AK boy at heart
- Where were you born again? In my Jeep cj7 driving on 435 heading north toward Weston ...awesome experience.
Date: Monday, June 09, 2008
- Where were you born? Taiwan
- Where/when born again? Ann Arbor, Michigan when I was an 18 year old college freshman.
- What is your middle name? Tzen
- Favorite season? Spring
- Favorite sport/hobby? Shopping and more shopping!
- Favorite book of the Bible? Isaiah
- Which bible translation do you use? NIV
- Your childhood dream job? Actress or Diplomat
- Favorite item of clothing? Dresses
- Favorite Sandwich? Gyro
- Dream vacation spot? Paris (it is very romantic John)
Date: Sunday, June 01, 2008