About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

Hiding God's Word

I have vivid memories of my mother, sitting on the edge of my bed, rehearsing my memory verse with me in preparation for Sunday School each week. Today I’ll run into someone at Wal-mart and in our conversation I’ll pull a scripture out of my memory that speaks into their situation.

“Where did that come from?” Isaiah 55:11 says, “so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”

Even as a five year old, I knew that I was partnering with God, sowing all that seed deep in my heart. But I am still amazed when I see the fruit; when I am tempted or when I am in despair and the Living Word of God echoes the truth into my life! Who I am today is the result of all that scripture sown into my heart . . . how I behave, reason and live. Is the fruit of your life the evidence of God’s Word growing in the deep places?

-Jason Ellsworth

1 comment:

Mama J said...

Hi, Jason...I can relate to this! I grew up with the King James version of the Bible and when scriptures come to mind invariably they are KJV! And, I have used the NIV for years... amazing, isn't it? Jeanette