About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

God's Word is Available

I have always had a love for old books. Among other things, I get excited that they have existed before me and are still present, and I get to experience them too so many years after they were bound together. None of these could compare, however, to the enduring word of God. I recently had the opportunity to go see the Dead Sea Scrolls, which are bits of manuscript containing handwritten scriptures that had been stored in clay jars for ages. Standing inches and a pane of glass away, I was fascinated that thousands of years ago these mighty words were carefully preserved, and today I have the opportunity to experience their Truth whenever I choose.

The scriptures are an expression of God, and He fashioned them for us before we existed. I am so grateful. I love joining God in the scriptures. I find that when life gets really busy or I get tired with my days, that is when I most want to soak up the Lord’s words to me. I find inspiration, direction, comfort, Truth, joy, guidance and more. I am amazed by the knowledge that His word is living and powerful, and He has given it to me.

-Jessica Siems

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I really want to go see the scrolls, I think that it would be really interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Lots of love and God bless!