About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

Grandpa's in Taiwan

We decided to celebrate the Jewish holiday Purim by doing the 3 things Esther & the Jews did – feast, give gifts & give to the poor. On Purim we invited people over for a good meal & wrote cards to encourage each other. After praying several times we felt the Lord wanted us to give traditional Chinese sausages to some of the elderly poor who recycle for "pennies". At first it was hard for us to even know how to give them sausages, because they weren't sure how to "pay us back" since that's culturally expected. So they didn't want to accept our gifts. Upon receiving them they could hardly believe we'd give them a dozen little sausages. They were grinning from ear to ear. It was such a joy. I love the poor. I need the poor. It was by far a highlight so far here!

I met another elderly man while walking with a friend in a nearby park. I noticed Mr. Ruan was limping from a stroke & started praying while still behind him. We caught up & I started talking with him. I've never quite shared like this but here's how it came out: "I have a friend that's a famous doctor. He has healed many people. His name is Jesus Christ. Have you ever heard of Him? Would you like me to ask Him to heal you?" The man responded, "I think I've heard that name somewhere, but can't really remember who He is." Mr. Ruan didn't want us to pray then but agreed that we could ask Jesus Christ to heal him & then come back to the park and see him again.

-Lynn (one of our Metro Missionaries working in Taiwan)

No comments: