About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

Incredibly Blessed

To My Dear Metro Family,

I have been a part of Metro Christian Fellowship for many years, and have always felt at home. But when I was sent to Africa as a missionary by my Metro family, it put me in a different type of relationship. I have been so incredibly blessed by the love, support, and prayers of all of you. I hope you know how important your prayers and support have been during my time in Africa.

I want to thank you for sending Randy Catlett to visit in July. His presence and encouragement did mighty things in boosting our team, and especially in helping me through a difficult time. I also want to thank you for all the lovely gifts and supplies that were sent. I don’t know if I can find the words to describe how it lifts spirits – not only mine, but the African’s – to know that there is someone on the other side that is thinking of us. Randy’s visit made it clear to the people in Abidjan that they have family in Kansas City that love them and care about them.

Many of the items sent have already been given away. The school supplies are being saved, and will be given away in October, when the children go back to school. The toys were given to children in the neighborhood, who often end up playing with trash that they find on the street. To have something new and exciting and different just made eyes light up. One of the greatest moments in life is seeing the eyes of a child shine with joy. More than half the medical supplies have already been utilized. Often, people come to the front door of the house, asking for help. They have heard that someone lives there that can help. That person is Jesus. And Jesus chooses to use broken vessels like you and me to do His work. So, thank you for assisting in this task.

This part is specifically for the person who sent the book, “ A Closer Walk” by Cathryn Marshall. Whoever you are, it was a total God thing. I have read it twice already, and it has ministered tremendously to my heart and given me strength and courage during a time when I had very little. Whoever you are, thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I hope you know that God used you mightily to minister to me.

As many of you know, I am home for a bit. I arrived the middle of August, and will be here to get things organized and restructured to return. Have no doubt – I am going back. But while I’m here, I would love to get to know you better. Just as I have stories of African friends to share, I want to share with the African’s of my family here. If you would like to get together, I would be excited to share what the Lord is doing in West Africa. I’m open to individual families, small groups or whoever wants to listen. I can be reached at fathersdaughter@msn.com. May the Lord bless you and keep you and may His face shine upon you.

I love you all dearly,
Maria Little


Check out our pictures of Randy's visit to see Maria.

No comments: