About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

The Gift of Administration

Pam (pictured right at her doctoral graduation), a fellow Metro-ite, writes some of the best stuff on her blog. Today Pam writes about The Gift of Administration. Here is how her post begins:
I like it when people write what I already believe and wish the rest of the world believed as well.

I came across this article in Leadership, written by a pastor who found a lot of success and then found a lot of burn-out. He said lots of interesting things throughout the article and I would recommend it to you, but found this quote hit one of the things I have pondered long and hard over:

“Now I still don’t believe that just by being slick enough with your methodoloy that it obligates the Spirit to act. But while organization doesn’t make a church grow, lack of it can kill an authentic work of the Spirit. And that had been our experience.”
I recommend reading the whole post here.

-Bob Edwards

No comments: