About Us

Metro Christian Fellowship is an evangelical charismatic church on the south side of Kansas City, Missouri. Our worship services embrace heartfelt worship, expression of spiritual gifts, prayer for the sick and teaching from the Bible. Visit us at our website.

How does Jesus love so good?

From the mouth of babes, we often say. Thinking back over my life there has been a bit of a pattern, a pattern of the Lord speaking to me through children. So many times, I have been the recipient of a comment, casually said by an unassuming child.

I remember several years ago, my son Josiah (4 at the time), asked “how does Jesus love so good?" I began to think to myself and pondered how to answer a deep question appropriately to a 4 year old. Interrupting my ponder Josiah said “I know, it’s cause he had a great dad!” This began a journey for me of asking the Lord to transform my heart into knowing Him as even more my Father. Having a great dad, I would think to myself….could the Lord be that comfy? Could he be that close, that near…like a dad? Here I was, a Christian virtually my whole life and I found myself craving a “dad” relationship with the Lord.

This not so simple question asked by my son is one that I ask myself quite often. How did Jesus love so well? I think our answers lie in the little people around us. Children remember to love others when it’s hard because they are dependent on love itself. They love well when people are hurting. Have you ever seen a child’s face when someone else is hurting, disappointed or left out? Have you ever seen a child’s face when someone is being mistreated or sick? They don’t run though the reasons why this type of pain might have been brought upon them, the steps it will take to bring them out of the pit. They just love. They hug, kiss, smile or even become mad that someone is hurting. They feel it’s not fair that there is pain, no matter what.

This is precious, precious in the eyes of the Lord. He wants us to love with out measure and conditions. Children are a wonderful example to us of loving well, loving unconditionally. We have something to learn from them even if they are much shorter than us.

-Jen Parker

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How true, Jen. I know that when I am feeling a bit sad, for whatever reason, my daughter Peighton will come up and hug me. She isn't quite three and she still understand and shows love and concern. Continually I remind myself to love as Jesus loves, whether at home or at work. Great posting for us all to remember how important it is to "love so good!"